NoobFusion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noobfusion, Where you take the next step in gaming!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Our Servers  Steam Page  

Infection Zombie

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NavalShowTime

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Infection Zombie Empty
PostSubject: Infection Zombie   Infection Zombie EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 5:20 pm

Hey, just got done reinstalling a new OS of Windows XP Pro. Since the old one was infected with a couple Trojans. Something like Yundo and Conhook. (Trojans are just a different kind of virus by the way.)

Anyways they pretty much got into the Windows files to do all the crap they did. For example changing my background, disabling task manager, opening up Firefox taking me to their website to buy fake anti virus things.

When I got onto Safe Mode into Windows 2000, another OS I have on my machine. I was able to update my virus checker, scanner, remover, etc.. McAfree something like that. Well their was about 2 years of updating needed so I let that update. Then I scanned my computer and it took awhile, I mean a computer with well over 2 million files wouldn't be done just like that you know.

So it removed a bunch a crap other stuff other than the Yundo. It just cleaned it and that's not good. Later I started up XP and it was fine booting up so it had no problems there, but as soon as you logged in it would log you out. That's because the scan in 2000, removed a bunch of important files. But so I just loaded a new OS since my computer can handle it and I am using the old XP the corrupt infected (Not really infected but just corrupt because I did try to repair but it did no good.) one as a mine.

I installed all my stuff just fine, after updating. To bad the disk I have to either restore or make new OS has slipstream with service pack 2. Wish I could get 3 on that. Anyways just telling you all what I did this weekend. It is very time consuming.

A reason for going onto Windows 2000 and doing the virus scan is because things like that know how to hide very easily. So its a fallback.

Any questions feel free to ask me. =D Simple as cake. Now since I reinstalled all my stuff. Including Microsoft Office (Which I was to lazy to reinstall before.) that is programs like PowerPoint, Word, etc..

Right well talk to you all later.
Back to top Go down
NavalShowTime

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Infection Zombie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infection Zombie   Infection Zombie EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 7:08 pm

Can't some one at least tell me oh, wow neat-o!

I'm not in such a happy mood right now..

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
KuN

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Infection Zombie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infection Zombie   Infection Zombie EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 8:30 pm

That happened to me once. Wasn't very fun.

Hope you feel better!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Infection Zombie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infection Zombie   Infection Zombie Empty

Back to top Go down

Infection Zombie
Page 1 of 1